Bristow Projects Inc. is committed to the building and sustaining of mutually beneficial relationships with the Aboriginal people in our area of operation. Our Aboriginal Relations Commitment was developed to provide employees, the Aboriginal community, contractors and business leaders with an understanding of our commitment to Aboriginal relations and our strategy for delivering on this commitment.
We recognize and understand that these relationships will work to the advantage of all stakeholders and is based on mutual respect and cooperation between all involved by ensuring strong two-way communication. We developed our Aboriginal Relations Commitment, and train employees, with the same level of commitment we apply to all other business activities.
BPI takes great pride in our reputation as highly principled business operators and contributors to Aboriginal communities. In pursuing our commitment, we will be guided by the following principles:
- Respect the unique culture and history of the Aboriginal people and their spiritual attachments to the land on which we operate
- Encourage Aboriginal students to graduate high school and continue onto post-secondary education. While showing an understanding of their aspirations, we will support the development of specified training programs that will enable these students to meet BPI’s employment requirements.
- Ensuring equal access to employment, competency based training and/or apprenticeship opportunities with BPI. We will also encourage these opportunities for Aboriginal people to work as, or for the suppliers and contractors. BPI values the diversity that they bring to our company as employees, contractors and consultants.
- Strive to join forces with contractors and other companies that share out principles and commitments, goals and strategic focus, encouraging them to meet or exceed them through policies and practices of their own.
- Create and maintain a positive work environment for Aboriginal employees, operating in a consultative and consistent manner through all stages of development.
- Provide BPI’s management and employees with an understanding of the cultural diversity of Aboriginal people through our competency based training modules.
- Provide involvement in Aboriginal community activities and programs that reflect our overall vision.
- Create business opportunities to utilize local Aboriginal contractor’s capabilities and continue these relationships with respect and trust.